Seeking an experienced and motivated engineering leader for our German Design Center located in Reutlingen with products focused in the area of Tissue and Organ Analysis. Reporting to the Senior Director of Global R&D this leader will be responsible for the management of a multi-disciplined engineering team and the execution of technical Project Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the engineering teams responsible for the design of new products, modification of existing designs, improvement of production techniques, and exploration of new technologies.
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs and interacts with engineering and marketing leadership to develop roadmaps that satisfy market demand.
- Top level project management, including scheduling and budgeting, covering the complete life cycle from ideation through release to production.
- Identify specific initiatives to drive improvement.
- Engineering degree (Master, Diploma, or PHD).
- 8+ years of experience related to listed duties, experience, and responsibilities.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Requires strong knowledge of engineering principles and design.
- Foster a process driven approach to product design and development.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience using MS Office applications including Project Control Software.
- Proven track record of planning and executing tasks to meet or exceed project timelines as well as cost and quality objectives.
- Confer with management, marketing, and production staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Proven ability to communication technical information written and orally to a wide audience.
- Analytical skills, technical aptitude, and determination to implement unique and effective solutions to difficult problems and analyze and coordinate data.
- The ability to leverage the technical resources of our suppliers & other external sources.
- Customer focused, visionary leadership.
- Possess keen initiative and effective program leadership and motivation skills.
- Recruit and hire talent to fill team positions where necessary.
- Provide training and support when required, including coaching and performance feedback.
- Evaluate and improve overall team and individual performance to foster growth.
- Willingness to travel as required within Europe and possibly to USA (~10%).
What we offer:
- Working in a team of 24 highly motivated and professional developers across multiple German sites
- High degree of responsibility and creative possibilities
- Flat hierarchies, quick decision-making processes and close collaboration with other departments (i.e. production, sales, marketing etc.)
- Attractive policies regarding holidays, working hours, overtime as well as health-and-safety initiatives
- Well-subsidized pension scheme